[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12708 Implement Turncoat Attacker status, causes a hero or enemy to attack the

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu Jan 27 20:01:10 PST 2022

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:22 PM Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> One edgecase I notice is that the "Untargettable by enemies/Untargettable
> by heroes & win even if alive" enemy bits now mean "Untargettable by player
> (hero team)/enemy team".  Because of the "win even if alive" bit the way it
> is now is more correct, but I think I'll rename them to make it more
> obvious.

Yes, those renames sound good to me.

> Also, are you planning to soon add enemy and hero bits to start off as
> Turncoat and Defector? If the bits are there, then the fact that etting
> "Controlled by player" on an enemy doesn't do it automatically becomes
> clear.

Yes, my todo list has items for both of those. I'll put them right next to
"Controlled by player" in the enemy editor, so it would be clear that they
are potentially logically related.

I was also thinking of a state that just causes an enemy (or hero) to turn
around and face the other way. At first I was thinking of tying it to
turncoat and or defector, but I realized that there would be plenty of
situations where it would be unwanted, so I think it is better as a
separate state, with the option to turn it on and off via attacks just like
control/turncoat/defector

I might even go as far as having it also affect which side of the target
the attacker goes to for "Dash In" animations. Do you have any thoughts on
that?