[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12708 Implement Turncoat Attacker status, causes a hero or enemy to attack the

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 06:46:53 PST 2022

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 at 17:01, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 8:22 PM Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> One edgecase I notice is that the "Untargettable by enemies/Untargettable
>> by heroes & win even if alive" enemy bits now mean "Untargettable by player
>> (hero team)/enemy team".  Because of the "win even if alive" bit the way it
>> is now is more correct, but I think I'll rename them to make it more
>> obvious.
>>

> Yes, those renames sound good to me.
>

>> Also, are you planning to soon add enemy and hero bits to start off as
>> Turncoat and Defector? If the bits are there, then the fact that etting
>> "Controlled by player" on an enemy doesn't do it automatically becomes
>> clear.
>>

> Yes, my todo list has items for both of those. I'll put them right next to
> "Controlled by player" in the enemy editor, so it would be clear that they
> are potentially logically related.
>
> I was also thinking of a state that just causes an enemy (or hero) to turn
> around and face the other way. At first I was thinking of tying it to
> turncoat and or defector, but I realized that there would be plenty of
> situations where it would be unwanted, so I think it is better as a
> separate state, with the option to turn it on and off via attacks just like
> control/turncoat/defector
>
> I might even go as far as having it also affect which side of the target
> the attacker goes to for "Dash In" animations. Do you have any thoughts on
> that?

A separate setting to turn around to face the opposite team is a nice idea.

I don't think it should affect which side the attacker goes to, because I
think instead attackers should go to the nearest side of their target,
whether an ally or foe, and not what they do now which assumes enemies face
right and heroes face left. (Attacking their backs could be a separate
setting.)
Then of course there's the problem of formations where heroes or enemies
that are drawn to face up or down; I think we didn't reach many conclusions
when we discussed it last time. But I don't think we have to solve that
before adding a setting to make targets turn around.

>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2022 at 16:01, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2022-01-23 19:01:38 -0800 (Sun, 23 Jan 2022)