[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/9965 Add script command "force mount vehicle" which is still undocumented for

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 00:28:44 PST 2018

On 18 January 2018 at 12:15, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I remember mogri and others complaining about the vehicle commands.
>
> Here are some quirks I am looking at right now.
>
> while riding a vehicle, you can "walk hero" to move your vehicle. doing
> "walk npc" on the vehicle does not change its position, but does
> cosmetically shift the vehicle over a few pixels as it tries to move and
> gets its x,y reset back to the hero position. I don't plan to change this
> behavior, but I do need to document it.

I assume you mean document that walknpc on a mounted vehicle does nothing,
rather than document that it's glitchy; which I would agree is a low
priority fix. I'm surprised that happens.

> "use npc" doesn't care where you are located in relationship to the
> vehicle, but it does check if the tile you are standing on passes vehicle
> passability checks (which have their own problems) I don't plan to change
> that one either, just document it, and the addition of "force mount
> vehicle" should help resolve its problems.

That seems reasonable. It feels like trying to fix this would create a
bigger mess; documenting the behaviour and providing "force mount vehicle"
as a workaround might be the simplest solution for users as well

> "dismount vehicle" unceremoniously dumps your part out of the vehicle
> without any of the normal vehicle dismount animation/movement -- that is
> what you want some of the time, but right now there is no scriptable way to
> trigger a normal dismount. I'll add a command for one. I will probably name
> it something stupid like "dismount vehicle properly"

Heh. I can't think of a better name. The alternative then, is to add an
argument to "dismount vehicle" for that.