[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/9965 Add script command "force mount vehicle" which is still undocumented for

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Wed Jan 17 15:15:10 PST 2018

I remember mogri and others complaining about the vehicle commands.

Here are some quirks I am looking at right now.

while riding a vehicle, you can "walk hero" to move your vehicle. doing
"walk npc" on the vehicle does not change its position, but does
cosmetically shift the vehicle over a few pixels as it tries to move and
gets its x,y reset back to the hero position. I don't plan to change this
behavior, but I do need to document it.

"use npc" doesn't care where you are located in relationship to the
vehicle, but it does check if the tile you are standing on passes vehicle
passability checks (which have their own problems) I don't plan to change
that one either, just document it, and the addition of "force mount
vehicle" should help resolve its problems.

"dismount vehicle" unceremoniously dumps your part out of the vehicle
without any of the normal vehicle dismount animation/movement -- that is
what you want some of the time, but right now there is no scriptable way to
trigger a normal dismount. I'll add a command for one. I will probably name
it something stupid like "dismount vehicle properly"