[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8986 Add a global toggle for mouse menu support in Game (the /mouse/mouse_men

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Sat Jul 8 07:47:38 PDT 2017

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure, maybe... Seems like pretty unusual UI, although I think I
> have seen it in a couple games.
>
> I'll try it as a toggleable option, and see how it feels.

Mostly I am thinking about how in non-game apps you can bring down a mene
from the top bar, or right click to pop up a menu, and if you don't want it
after all, you click outside it to get rid of it

> In the case of larger menus like Items or Spells, the bounds of the menu
> should include all parts of it that are displayed, not just the menu items
> (in case you try to click on something that isn't clickable), so only a
> small area around the outside would close the menu. It might not be very
> intuitive.

Oh, I definitely didn't intend to have that for items or equip.

For most special screens, I want a [X] button to appear in the top right
corner. It would only show up if mouse support is enabled for special
screens.

> On 8 July 2017 at 16:59, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','Bob at hamsterrepublic.com');>> wrote:
>
>> I am thinking that in game, it makes sense for a left click outside the
>> focused menu to close the menu.
>>
>> This might also make sense for non-full-screen menus in custom.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 9:57 PM, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','subversion at hamsterrepublic.com');>> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2017-07-07 21:57:39 -0700 (Fri, 07 Jul 2017)