[Ohrrpgce] SVN: pkmnfrk/2301 Fixed the spell menu thingy too.

dan155424 at msn.com dan155424 at msn.com
Tue Sep 30 20:40:25 PDT 2008

There are other ways to imbalance a game anyway, and people that would think of using this feature are more likely to know what they're doing.  I vote for consistency and the option for if someone does something creative with it.--- n00b Power> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:25:09 -0700> From: sorlok_reaves at yahoo.com> To: ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org> Subject: Re: [Ohrrpgce] SVN: pkmnfrk/2301 Fixed the spell menu thingy too.> > > > Not to bust in on your debate, but I think the idea is> that pumping max stats with spells might be useful for> some avant-garde games. Consider:> 1) A game with fixed max MP (of, say, 100) and no way> to restore it inside dungeons. The first room of a> dungeon resets your stats, and the max-stat boosting> spells cost 20MP each.> 2) A game with no Inns and very few MP-restoring> items. In this case, MP can be re-named to "SP", and> can be used as another form of experience to "level> up" individual stats.> > Anyway, I guess the idea of targeting max stats is> consistent, although naive usage of it could seriously> unbalance gameplay.> > -->Seth