[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12833 Slice based battle UI is now enabled by default.

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Wed Feb 23 20:28:23 PST 2022

The natural future step will be to work on enabling customization using the
slice collection editor.

The slice collection editor is honestly pretty advanced, and not all users
will be comfortable, so I hope to make it nice and easy to export/import a
customized battle ui slice collection so they can be shared with others.
Perhaps we can even include a few different ui layouts in the import folder.

Also there will be other possible ui features to add. Maybe portraits in
battle? meters for other stats? I dunno. There are lots of possibilities,
but not everything has to happen at once.

I also plan to convert the targeting cursor and the message window using a
similar structure. I guess I really need to get all those other default UI
elements converted to slices FIRST before I enable editing of custom battle
ui, because I don't want a situation where people are customizing the part
of the UI that is sliceified, but then the old unsliceified UI elements
vanish when I convert them because they don't have those in their custom
layouts

One step at a time :)