[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12760 Add a "Skip Turn" menu item if an enemy under player control has no vali

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:40:43 PST 2022

Related: one or two people asked me to separate "Untargetable by hero team"
and "Win battle even if left alive" because they wanted enemies you
couldn't attack directly. My idea for doing so is to add an entirely new
on-disk bit "Untargetable by hero team" and in loadattackdata turn on
"Untargetable by heroes" and "Win battle even if left alive" if
"Untargetable by hero team & win if left alive" is on, avoiding a fixbit.
The UDT would not contain the latter bit.

This means that it would be an option to change the Untargetable bits back
to meaning Heroes/Enemies rather than Hero team/Enemy team, if that's
preferable.

But I think Defector should still always act like "Win if left alive"
because it's set at battle-time, not just in the editor.

On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 at 13:27, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's nice to have; I suppose it should be an option in the hero battle
> menu editor although we could have a pref bit to automatically append that
> option when there are no possible actions (which would only be when it
> hasn't been manually added). The question is whether it should be on by
> default. Probably yes?
>
> One problem is that due to all the bugs in attack cost checking code it
> might not be simple to figure out whether an attack or item can actually be
> used.
>
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2022 at 09:47, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> Right now this is only for player controlled enemies, but we might want
>> to enable this for heroes too, particularly in turn-based mode where the
>> risk of getting stuck is most significant. Before that happens, we would
>> probably need to figure out how to make does_battle_menu_have_targets()
>> support spell lists and the item menu
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 3:40 PM <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2022-02-05 12:40:39 -0800 (Sat, 05 Feb 2022)