[Ohrrpgce] Achievement implementations

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 23:24:54 PDT 2021

This is going quick!

The permanent data storage you're looking for is
https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Persist.reld

The tag_updates function is the place to put hooks for when a tag changes.

> A game may wish to expose the current progress at intervals ("defeat 100 goblins: 20/100") to motivate the player to continue progresing the achievement.

If achievements are displayed through steam, how does this work? You
can cause Steam to popup a progress notification with text of your
choice? Or does it have to be numerical, or predefined in Steam's
achievement editor?

What about achievements that can be progressed towards in separate
saved games? The example you put on the wiki of finding all the ways
to die is one where progress needs to be shared rather than
save-specific.

Creating an editor for RELOAD-based data is not yet simple, but I'm
going to make a start on generalising the Purchases editor (most
likely) into a class for defining editable RELOAD trees.

Pleased that documentation already exists on the wiki, documenting
everything is a big task!