[Ohrrpgce] Plan for Android 8.0 target

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu Sep 27 17:31:31 PDT 2018

So starting pretty soon, only android apks that target Android version 8.0
will be allowed in Google play.

I have done a little research, and I learned that pelya has done a lot of
recent work on updating the commandergenius sdl for android port to work
with the latest Android NDK.

So here is my current plan:
* I will clone a new fork of pelya's source
* I will patch in or re-implement all the modifications that the ohrrpgce
needs (this is mostly gamepad stuff and a few platform-detection functions.
The ouya store purchase stuff can be removed completely)
* I should be able to re-build the games that I have already packaged as
apks

I am glad I have a plan now, I was worried about that part-- but the bad
news is that this plan is a lot of work, and my current free time is very
limited right now.

I am budgeting my time and so one hour each Thursday evening is "OHRRPGCE
time" for the foreseeable future.

Persons wondering how they can help without knowing how to comb through git
commits and patch them onto a newer tree can help by sending me kind words
and encouragement via e-mail on Thursday mornings to get me hyped up ;)