[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8504 reloadbasic: ~2.7x faster translation!

Mon Mar 6 22:48:14 PST 2017

teeemcee
2017-03-06 22:48:14 -0800 (Mon, 06 Mar 2017)
645
reloadbasic: ~2.7x faster translation!

Nearly five seconds to translate common.rbas has *really* been getting on my nerves

Total compile times for a clean rebuild have reduced to about 2/3rds

Interestingly pretty much 100% of time is spent in pyPEG.py; generating
the .bas file takes negligible time.
To speed it up I added several early exits to some parsing rules.
I already spent a lot of effort optimising pyPEG years ago, so
I'm not too hopeful about speeding that up further... however,
pyPEG 2 was released.

It would still be very nice to break up the gargantuan common.rbas,
customsubs.rbas and loading.rbas to reduce recompile time.
---
U   wip/reloadbasic/reloadbasic.py