[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8909 Add plotscriting commands "get screen width" and "get screen height"

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 20:55:02 PDT 2017

On 30 June 2017 at 14:36, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, June 29, 2017, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 28 June 2017 at 16:10, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2017-06-27 21:10:12 -0700 (Tue, 27 Jun 2017)
>>> 185
>>> Add plotscriting commands "get screen width" and "get screen height"
>>>
>>> Also add "set screen resolution" which will remain undocumented and
>>> experimental until gfx_directx can support it.
>>> ---
>>> U   wip/const.bi
>>> U   wip/custom.bas
>>> U   wip/docs/plotdict.xml
>>> U   wip/docs/plotdictionary.html
>>> U   wip/plotscr.hsd
>>> U   wip/scriptcommands.bas
>>> U   wip/testgame/a-star.hss
>>> U   wip/testgame/a-star.rpg
>>> U   wip/whatsnew.txt
>>>

>> Well that's settled then!
>> And I now see absolutely no reason not to have an option to make the
>> window resizable.
>>

> I was trying to work on gfx_directx to add resizing support, and realized
> it is a pretty big project.
>
> I ran into a compile error with util.hpp being missing

I don't have any un-checked-in changes for it, but I've been working
towards it, understanding, refactoring and cleaning up code.
It's not an easy project, because there's a lot of code to understand and
update: window resize events, window stretching and zooming, mouse, the D3D
back buffer, and the D3D backing image.
I still intend to implement it soon. But I'm definitely too busy this week.

I forgot to check in util.hpp; I had been wondering why I had a spare file.
I almost deleted it, thinking it was unused!