[Ohrrpgce] trouble with browsing for a textbox

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 21:20:09 PDT 2017

Yes, it's a possibility. But wouldn't it be much less work and more useful
to instead improve the textbox editor so that it's better at browsing for
textboxes? The Text Search option could be moved to the top of the menu for
easy access (and also linked to a hotkey), and I'd like to have it do
incremental search (meaning that after every keypress it jumps to the first
matching textbox). Then having a dedicated search menu would only save you
about one keypress

This is closely related to what Virtuous Sword suggested about showing some
of the main bits of attack/enemy data right on the toplevel menu of the
attack/enemy editor, to make browsing/searching much easier. The same
preview information would be useful both in a dedicated search/browse tool
and in the actual editor. It's just that the textbox editor already has a
pretty good preview.