[Ohrrpgce] trouble with browsing for a textbox

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 18:47:03 PDT 2017

I'm not too keen on the extra friction of showing prompts as you jump
between menus.
One option would be if selecting the Previous Menu item or pressing ESC
returns textbox id -1 (none selected), while you have to select the
<-Textbox #-> line to return/change the textbox ID. This would be very
natural when you browse for a textbox: hit enter in the original menu,
pressing left/right to search, hit enter to select.
The problem is that it's not obvious that you can even click/press enter on
that menu item, but that could be fixed by showing a message at the bottom
of the screen (only when called from another menu).

Another solution to your complaint may be Ctrl+Z to undo, although it can't
help if you don't even notice. This can be implemented in intgrabber (and
strgrabber, etc). I actually started implementing it in strgrabber (there's
nothing I haven't started on...)