[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8923 Activating the menu (using the normal menu keys) now works properly when

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 23:04:25 PDT 2017

On 1 July 2017 at 17:10, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I was actually thinking of making it so that attempting to open the menu
> when pathing always queues a menu open. The option would only change
> whether or not the menu cancels the path.

Ah. However, if you walk a long way across the screen, it seems pretty odd
that the menu would open several seconds later. I guess it really doesn't
matter.

However there's a possibility for lots of other weird effects. For example
if a script suspends the player for a cutscene and then paths the hero, and
the player presses esc, that esc will be queued (because the hero is
pathing) but delayed until the player is resumed, possibly minutes later!
And there's a long list of other things that can cause a queued menu key to
be delayed. I think we should move the
update_hero_pathfinding_menu_queue() line inside that big IF block, with
only nonzero xgo/ygo causing a menu key to be queued.

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 10:06 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 1 July 2017 at 05:12, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2017-06-30 10:12:33 -0700 (Fri, 30 Jun 2017)