[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8923 Activating the menu (using the normal menu keys) now works properly when

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 23:51:38 PDT 2017

On 2 July 2017 at 18:04, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 July 2017 at 17:10, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> I was actually thinking of making it so that attempting to open the menu
>> when pathing always queues a menu open. The option would only change
>> whether or not the menu cancels the path.
>>

> Ah. However, if you walk a long way across the screen, it seems pretty odd
> that the menu would open several seconds later. I guess it really doesn't
> matter.
>
> However there's a possibility for lots of other weird effects. For example
> if a script suspends the player for a cutscene and then paths the hero, and
> the player presses esc, that esc will be queued (because the hero is
> pathing) but delayed until the player is resumed, possibly minutes later!
> And there's a long list of other things that can cause a queued menu key to
> be delayed. I think we should move the  update_hero_pathfinding_menu_queue()
> line inside that big IF block, with only nonzero xgo/ygo causing a menu key
> to be queued.

I fixed that myself. But I noticed that right-clicking to open the menu
doesn't work while you're in a vehicle. That's handled in
update_vehicle_state, in a rather complicated way, ugh.

Unless you have some other purpose for right-clicking in mind aside from
cancel/menu, or want to have fine-grained options for where it works, I
think would be easil think that right-clicking should set carray(ccMenu).
To allow more fine-grained options, we can split up ccMenu from ccCancel...
well, I guess that the main menu is the only place where ccMenu would be
used.
Setting ccMenu on rightclick would mean replacing
user_triggered_main_menu() with carray(ccMenu) > 1, and otherwise the
current menu logic would remain the same.

Aside: pathing the hero over the edge of a wrapping map doesn't work. Maybe
a hero_collision_check bug?
Even without being the one working on it, I can see that is turning out to
quite a bit more work than I expected!