[Ohrrpgce] Nightly build frequency?

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 21:41:54 PDT 2017

On 2 July 2017 at 16:11, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 1, 2017 at 9:00 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The scripts attempt to create and upload the x86 .deb file, and the build
>> log shows errors about it not working, due to fakeroot, so it's not
>> disabled intentionally.
>>

> Then I misremembered :)
>

>> I should try installing the Callipygous+1 .deb on my ubuntu netbook.
>>
>> 64-bit multilib? Do you mean fixing the 32 bit .deb files to work on a
>> multilib machine? Or fixing the scripts to support building 64 bit .debs?
>>

> Oh, I meant 64-bit ohrrpgce binaries in a 64-bit deb, but it will still
> need to declare g++-multilib as a dependency, because hspeak is still 32
> bit.

g++-multilib? Why? Aren't compile and runtime dependencies listed
separately  in .debs? (Honestly, I know very little about them). I would
figure that the 32 bit dependency would be called something like
glibc-multilib.

64-bit euphoria builds did seem a nuiscance; I think they don't really work
in Euphoria 4.0; you need an unstable release of 4.1? Actually, looking at
the website, they just put up download links for 4.1 a week ago, which are
no longer marked "Beta". Sadly no linux-x64 build, but there's an older
linux-x64 build available.
Also, I see that there's an actively developed fork of Euphoria called
Phix: http://phix.x10.mx/