[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/9111 Recompile SDL_mixer.dll. Switch from mikmod to modplug to fix a raft of

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 21:51:49 PDT 2017

On 5 August 2017 at 05:11, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2017-08-04 10:11:15 -0700 (Fri, 04 Aug 2017)
> 693
> Recompile SDL_mixer.dll. Switch from mikmod to modplug to fix a raft of
> problems with mikmod
>
> Switching to libmodplug added 200kB to the size.
> win32/debug/SDL_mixer.dll (which was previously at win32/SDL_mixer.dll) is
> the non-stripped version.
>
> Versions used:
> SDL 1.2.15
> SDL_mixer 1.2.12
> libmad 0.15.1b
> vorbis 1.3.5
> ogg 1.3.2
> libmodplug 0.8.8.4
>
> Also, I compiled with all symbols exported. I compiled this with mxe; see
> https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Windows_
> compiling_requirements#SDL_mixer.dll
>
> I plan to recompile SDL_Mixer for OSX too, but it'll be a few weeks. It
> can wait.
>
> Note: SDL_Mixer 2.0 has switched to modplug as the default. Another nice
> reason
> to have an SDL2 backend
> ---
> U   wip/SDL_mixer.dll
> U   wip/whatsnew.txt
> D   wip/win32/SDL_mixer.dll
> A   wip/win32/debug/
> A   wip/win32/debug/SDL_mixer.dll
> U   wip/win32/libSDL_mixer.dll.a

Just to make a note of the volume bugfix mentioned in whatsnew, it's
actually two bugs:

-sdl_mixer with mikmod sets the mikmod volume to 96 (75%) although it sets
modplug volume to 100%. Even 1st hg revision did this.
 Confirmed it's same loudness as audiere/DUMB at 75% volume.
- sdl_mixer.dll mikmod bug: volume increases after the first loop
http://www.castleparadox.com/ohr/viewtopic.php?t=7093&start=15