[Ohrrpgce] FreeBASIC now has an emscripten/javascript backend

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 04:22:10 PST 2015

I was browsing the FB commit log today and noticed that since a month ago
v1ctor has been porting FB to the emscripten environment (a C/C++ to
Javascript compiler, with an emulation of the SDL (1.2?) API)

http://www.freebasic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=24021

Looks like it was pretty straight forward: mostly creating SDL-based
backends for graphics and input, and terminal emulation using termlib.js.
In fact, "Mysoft sent me a e-mail showing that he had a FB game compiled to
javascript over a year ago, using Emscript also, but without porting the
compiler and the runtime/gfxlib library (he is using his own libs)."

Before anyone gets too excited, I think it would be more work to port the
OHR to Emscripten than it was to Android. Every function that contains a
wait-loop would have to be mangled.