[Ohrrpgce] [ohrrpgce:bugs] #2015 Arrow keys broken for gamepads on Android port

Bob the Hamster bob_the_hamster at users.sf.net
Tue Nov 24 21:16:34 PST 2015

Okay, I have a good fix checked in for the first half of this bug. I understand why the analog stick stopped working. The code that shows/hides the virtual gamepad had to clear arrow key presses to prevent stuck keys when the shown/hidden state changed. This made the commands to show/hide the virtual gamepad unsafe to call every tick, which is exactly what revision 7449 was doing.

As for the lack of D-pad support, I will have to look into that later.

---

** [bugs:#2015] Arrow keys broken for gamepads on Android port**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** OHRRPGCE
**Created:** Sun Nov 15, 2015 08:43 PM UTC by Bob the Hamster
**Last Updated:** Wed Nov 25, 2015 04:33 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

I am not sure when this started, but arrow key handling is totally broken on the Android port when playing with a gamepad (OUYA, Gamestick, FireTv)

This is most easily demonstrated with http://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/inputtest-release-signed.apk

When playing inputtest on Windows/Mac/Linux or Android with the on-creen virtual gamepad, the arrow keys work as expected, turning red when pressed, or pink when held down.

When using a gamepad on an Android Console, pressing the analog stick causes the arrow keys to flicker green for a single tick, and then nothing. As for the D-Pad, it does absolutely nothing on a FireTV, and on an OUYA, the D-pad makes the arrow keys flicker green for one tick, remain dark for a few ticks, and then stay on solid green.

This definitely wasn't happening 10 months ago, so something has changed since then, but danged if I know what yet.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/ohrrpgce/bugs/