[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/6377 Implemented spriteset frame cutter. Shown when you import a sprite while

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Tue Feb 4 20:02:16 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:33 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5 February 2014 01:34,  <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> > teeemcee
> > 2014-02-04 04:34:32 -0800 (Tue, 04 Feb 2014)
> > 122
> > Implemented spriteset frame cutter. Shown when you import a sprite while
> in full-set mode.
> >
> > The help page is not finished.
> > ---
> > U   wip/common.rbas
> > U   wip/drawing.bas
> > A   wip/ohrhelp/sprite_import16_cut_frames.txt
> > U   wip/udts.bi
> > U   wip/whatsnew.txt
>
> I implemented this in order to more easily import the three frame
> walkabout sprite Feenicks provided, originally for RPG Maker.
> Unfortunately it turns out that the order of directions in RPGM sprite
> sheets is different anyway (down left right up) so I had to manually
> reorder the frames. Sure, I could add yet another option to the menu
> to customise the order, but that's getting a bit over the top.
> Entering all the offsets is quite time consuming. Maybe I should just
> one with something like the tile cutter where you can select the
> position of each frame individually.

Something like the tile-cutter in that place sounds like a wonderful
feature.

In fact, wouldn't that work pretty nicely even for single-frame sprite mode
if you import a bmp larger than the desired size?