[Dev] PUG

$P!D3R DelSol sunsp1der at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 17:38:53 PST 2008

> Hmmm, okay, I finally got it to work by putting the main repository, not
> the two subdirectories in it into my python path.

Did I mention I'm new to SVN also?  So, what is that repository called when you grab it?  Am I understanding that you have something like:
      pugproject
            mygame
           pug
With pugproject in your pythonpath?

> I tried it out and it looks pretty cool.

Thanks:)

> So if I understand the mygame example correctly, the game itself doesn't
> need to reference pug directly in any way, you just write a script like
> puginterface.py that wraps your game in pug, and grants pug access to
> things, yes?

Yep.  Supposed to plug right in for development and then pop right out when you release your project.  Should be pretty easy to copy the way puginterface works from the example, too.

> Directly running an __init__.py file feels weird :)

I was not sure about that.  Or the way I set up PugInterface, for that matter.  If you had any examples to point me to that are more common ways to set things like this up, I'd be grateful.

Ivan

NOTICE: Empowered by Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency may read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. The NSA may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. The President also claims the right to designate the sender or the reader as an enemy combatant and to imprison him/her indefinitely without access to legal counsel or anyone else, and to be "rendered" to a foreign government for possible torture or death.