[Dev] PUG

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Mar 5 14:16:09 PST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:57:40PM -0800, $P!D3R DelSol wrote:
>    Saw James' reply on the pygame board, so I thought I'd drop a line.
>    Here's some basic info on pug:
>      * There's a brief intro doc in the documentation section on sourceforge
>        ( http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/pug )
>      * Basically, to get started, put both folders in the repo into your
>        PYTHONPATH. Run the __init__.py in either one to run the proof of
>        concept.
>      * Pug is meant to be added on to a project during development to allow
>        easy runtime manipulation of python objects.
>      * I'm an experienced developer, but I'm just learning linux, python, and
>        wx AND I'm working alone, so it may come a bit slow.
>      * I'm getting ready to create a pug interface for opioid2d, but I'd be
>        excited to help create one for motherhamster too, if you find that
>        you're interested.
>      * A new pug version should be up this week that has better Save and Load
>        functionality.
>      * Any feedback is appreciated
>    Cheers
>    Ivan

Hmmm, okay, I finally got it to work by putting the main repository, not
the two subdirectories in it into my python path.

I tried it out and it looks pretty cool.

So if I understand the mygame example correctly, the game itself doesn't
need to reference pug directly in any way, you just write a script like
puginterface.py that wraps your game in pug, and grants pug access to
things, yes?

Directly running an __init__.py file feels weird :)