[Ohrrpgce] poison/stun indicator idea

Bob the Hamster Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Mon Jun 13 10:32:17 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 01:26:26PM -0400, Draknight2 at wmconnect.com wrote:
>    ok, I have this cool idea to show that the hero has been poisoned/stuned.
>    basically use gen(56-57) to store bytes that point to a specific ascii
>    character.
>    Then when the hero gets hit with a poison/stun, we could make the code add
>    that character to the hero's name,  sorta like final fantasy does it.
>    so, what do you think abou it?  good, bad? instead of wasting graphic
>    space, we could do it with font.

I like the idea of using a font char as a status indicator. I also like
the idea somebody suggested (I forget who or where) about having an
alternate poison palette for each hero. I think we should do both
(though we don't have to do them at the same time)

---
Bob the Hamster