[Ohrrpgce] Multiple datafiles

Mike Caron caron.mike at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:40:25 PDT 2005

On 6/7/05, Draknight2 at wmconnect.com <Draknight2 at wmconnect.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 6/7/2005 4:03:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org-request at lists.motherhamster.org
> writes:
>

> motherhamster
>
> what do you mean maptiles/backdrop management?
> the program already lets you export those.
> if you mean the import, I guess I can add that, but it would import the
> graphics incorrectly if the master palettes are different, thats why I
> didn't want to bother with those.  If you mean something else, than please
> tell me about it.

Uh, to be honest, I don't use OHRGfx. I hadn't read about it doing
anything except sprites, but it seems that I was foolish. My bad.

> I know the file format of both tileset and backdrop graphics, so it isn't
> really a problem to incorporate that into ohrgfx.  Also I was thinking of
> letting the user import the graphics into any position instead of just the
> end, also I can add the zoom feature to let you see the graphics up close,
> like say, if you want to view a specific tile up close, than you click on
> it, and the window pops up with enlarged version of that tile.
>
> Now, I was thinking about adding command like,
> changetextfile(stringID) where stringID is the name of the .say file.
> Basically it would let you use more than 1 .say file.  It would let users
> use more textboxes than the current limit allows.  Also it would actually be
> cool if you would be able to do that for graphic data files, map data files,
> etc.
> I know this is possible, and I want to know what you guys think about it.

Hmm, an interesting idea. T'would be relatively easy to implement in
Game, but would be a real pain to do in Custom. Unless you ignore
custom altogether, and just have users manually insert the extra .say
files (or whichever) into the RPG.

BTW: Please don't reply to a digest, or at the very least, edit the
subject to something meaningful.

--
Mike Caron
Final Fantasy Q