[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12684 Add attacker animations "Run and Hide" and "Unhide" that work like "Jump

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 20:25:16 PST 2022

Nice! Just what was always missing.

I think that the name "Run In (unhides attacker)" which you used at first
was better than "Unhide", because it does more than just unhiding. Plus I
think that when the attack editor gets cleaned up the Always Hide/Unhide
options would be placed right below the attack animation option, so
"Attacker animation: Unhide" "Unhide attacker: YES" would be odd.

I noticed some glitches (bug #1234) but they're shared with Jump, so no new
problem there.

I was hoping that adding BattleSprite.hidden meant some code cleanup
occurred, but I see you dodged the issue (something I should learn to do)
and just added it in addition to the .vis mess. Which means that the
following comment change you made is not correct (or at least, removes
truth)

   vis as bool   'Roughly, but not exactly, visibility:
                 'For combatants: Is alive (or dying interruptted) and
visible (didn't jump).
                 '  Gets set to YES while an enemy is performing an
on-death attack.
-                '  Gets set to NO while it's dissolving or fleeing after
death, or
-                '  or if jumped off-screen