[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/12292 Jenkinsfile: add more detail to the README

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Wed Jul 28 05:36:18 PDT 2021

Maybe the UnicodeDecodeError is something that only happens on python3.4
which I think is the old version on the build machines

On newer Mac's it is normal to have python3 in the path, so I'll try fixing
it manually on the nightly build VM.

On Wed., Jul. 28, 2021, 5:42 a.m. Ralph Versteegen, <teeemcee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So I see that on Linux reloadbasic.py fails with " UnicodeDecodeError:
> 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 5566: ordinal not in
> range(128)" and on Mac there is no "python3".
> I have seen that reloadbasic error before, not long ago. I know that I
> added some temporary kludge to reloadbasic.py to work around it which I
> later threw away. Apparently I didn't think it would come back. Don't know
> why it only happens on the build machine.
> As for the python3 issue, I don't know how you'd prefer to solve it, seems
> like all options are messy.
>
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2021 at 14:00, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> I realized that several of the nightly builds are broken for
>> python-related reasons right now.
>> That's 100% fixable without docker or Jenkins, it just reminded me how
>> much I wanted
>> to work towards retiring the old nightly build vms and replace them with
>> the Jenkins+docker build process
>>
>> Of course I didn't finish that tonight :D
>> Baby steps! baby steps!
>>
>> ---
>> James
>>

>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:56 PM <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2021-07-27 18:56:26 -0700 (Tue, 27 Jul 2021)