[Ohrrpgce] Flatpak

qznebula qznebula at protonmail.com
Mon Jul 12 21:33:43 PDT 2021

while it does require installing the whole flatpak runtime/setup, that is something a lot of people have done (and iirc is pretty easy to do), and unlike wrangling debian/ubuntu/fedora/etc etc etc repos, flatpak is (I believe) distro-independent! so that's one advantage.

i do think just distributing the binary (presumably with a checksum) is important to do first, but flatpak could make installing it more convenient for those who do use it, or don't want to bother with handling binaries (or possibly compilation) themselves.

~nebula

Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com/) Secure Email.