[Ohrrpgce] Can't log in to wiki over HTTP

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:44:14 PDT 2020

Holly reported, and I can confirm, that you can't log into the wiki, or
create an account, when accessing it over HTTP instead of HTTPS. (I think I
remember seeing this already quite a while ago.) You get the following
message:

"There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been
canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the
form."

It is nice to be able to access the wiki via HTTP, since HTTPS is
inaccessible from ancient OSes such as some of those we support. If the
login page could redirect from HTTP to HTTPS...

Hmm, maybe I should file such things on github instead...