[Ohrrpgce] Opening URLs and documents

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri May 29 18:54:03 PDT 2020

I totally forgot, but weren't we planning to add a script command to let
people open URLs in a web browser? To be used for sending someone to your
website. Of course, it should show a prompt (with a little dead-time to
prevent misclicks) asking the player to confirm. Didn't we already agree to
this? It would be easy to add since we already have a portable
open_document function.

...for that matter, we could let people open other files distributed with
their game too, most likely .txt, .pdf and .html files. I suppose we should
have a prompt for opening .html files if there's one for opening URLs, and
maybe a whitelist or blacklist of file extensions (disallow
.exe/.bat/.sh... must be a lot more dangerous ones), but don't need a
prompt for opening text documents, audio files, video, or images.