[Ohrrpgce] HOWTO rewrite

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:39:35 PDT 2020

If you've looked at the Recent Changes on the wiki recently you might get a
surprise. My sister Lisa (username currently Spoh) is overhauling the
HOWTO! Sometimes, complaining about your problems to a kindred spirit
really does help :)

Don't be alarmed if some material seems to be deleted. Things are getting
moved around, as well as edited or rewritten. I've been discussing the
changes with her a lot and debating what a better organisation would be.
The existing HOWTO and extra chapters, BMR's new HOWTO, Sword's Quick-Start
guide, and many scattered wiki articles are being used as source. The plan
is, approximately, to keep the early HOWTO chapters as a step-by-step
"walkthrough" guide, plus an alternative Quick-Start guide, a set of core
manual-like tutorials named "NPCs", "Text Boxes", etc, followed by more
specific tutorials (the existing extra chapters).

We haven't worked out yet how this relates to F1 help pages or my plan to
somehow partially merge them with the wiki (upload them to the wiki or
elsewhere, and support mediawiki markup in help pages).

If you want to give feedback, do so on the wiki, as Lisa won't see this.