[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/11906 Implement fading in & out in 32-bit color mode, but not fading between t

Sun Jul 19 22:09:40 PDT 2020

teeemcee
2020-07-19 22:09:39 -0700 (Sun, 19 Jul 2020)
792
Implement fading in & out in 32-bit color mode, but not fading between two palettes

For the common cases of fading out and back in to the same palette, fades in
32-bit color mode should behave identically to 8-bit ones! I had once thought
that impossible to achieve.

However there might be some slight differences when they are mixed with setpal,
I think one less frame may be sent to the backend or gif recorder at the start
of a fade.

Fading in to a different palette results in a sudden jump after the mis-fade.

It works by continuing to draw to the video page with a non-faded palette
(curmasterpal) even when the screen is apparently faded out: when faded_in=NO,
setvispage ignores vpage and draws the screen a solid color. That way, fading in
can redraw the previous vpage contents.
---
U   wip/allmodex.bas