[Ohrrpgce] [ohrrpgce:bugs] #2005 Random keyboard freeze sometimes with key stuck on X11 due to SDL_EnableUNICODE, more likely after spawning an external program

TeeEmCee teeemcee at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 25 17:43:02 PST 2020

- **summary**: Random keyboard freeze sometimes with key stuck, more likely after spawning an external program --> Random keyboard freeze sometimes with key stuck on X11 due to SDL_EnableUNICODE, more likely after spawning an external program
- **Version**: Nightly WIP (Callipygous) --> 20030229 Handshake
- **Comment**:

SDL2 has removed SDL_EnableUNICODE and rewritten how text input support works, so this shouldn't be relevant to gfx_sdl2 anymore. So we should only default to `--no-native-keybd` only when using gfx_sdl on Unix.

(I hadn't really been using gfx_sdl2 so don't know yet whether it fixes the many other stuck keys problems we have with SDL 1.2)

---

** [bugs:#2005] Random keyboard freeze sometimes with key stuck on X11 due to SDL_EnableUNICODE, more likely after spawning an external program**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** OHRRPGCE
**Created:** Tue Oct 21, 2014 04:05 PM UTC by Bob the Hamster
**Last Updated:** Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:45 PM UTC
**Owner:** Bob the Hamster

(opening a dup bug for this. If/when we recover our old bugzilla bugs, this can be merged with that bug)

Today I had this bug happen to me 3 times on Linux. Once when spawning ohrrpgce-game for "Test Game" and twice more when compiling scripts by pressing F5

The third time, I was running strace. Here is the end of the strace output. I don't know if it is useful information or not

http://pastebin.com/9QB2CfXs

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/ohrrpgce/bugs/