[Ohrrpgce] Switch/PS4/XBox One

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 18:05:28 PDT 2019

Not only is XB1 *much* lower hanging fruit, it's not possible for us to do
any work on a Switch/PS4 port without an SDK anyway.

The first step would be to get gfx_sdl2 finished and make it the default
backend on all platforms except Android. (Longer-term, it would be good to
switch to SDL2 on Android too). It's nearly done, there are only a couple
of problems I know of left to fix. (Most importantly, window zoom changing
not working.) I want to switch to gfx_sdl2 after Fufluns. The exception
might be gfx_directx for game.exe; I'm not sure which backend to use there.
The main advantage of gfx_directx over gfx_sdl is its good fullscreen
support, but gfx_sdl2 has that too. Maybe better not to change the backend
if there's no need to.

However, I think that an HTML5/JS port should be a higher priority than an
XB1 port. I'm pretty keen to do that. Although it will probably be more
work.

Also, what would be preferable, an iOS or an XB1 port? I'm guessing XB1.