[Ohrrpgce] Fufluns released! ...

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Wed Jul 10 02:47:53 PDT 2019

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, 10:09 PM Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't understand how you are using "needed improvement" -- I would think
> that's for things which aren't bugs but still ought to be improved, such as
> a confusing control scheme or the lack of spriteset resizing. I'd consider
> much of the stuff you tagged it with as outright bugs, though.
> I think that the lack of frame group names is actually the biggest blocker
> of all. It makes the sprite editor unusable for new users! I've seen even a
> number of longtime users ask which hero frame is which in the Discord
> channel.

I agree the line between "bug" and "needed improvement" is not always
clear, and I may have tagged a few wrongly. It is okay to retag.

I see your point about the missing frame group names. I think I was blinded
to the importance of that one by long habit. I have the names memorized
well enough that I forgot they were so essential. I have retagged that one.

> I had been planning to import the bugzilla bugs to github while preserving
> their original bug ID numbers (github doesn't let you assign, change or
> delete bug IDs), and importing the sourceforge bugs without preserving
> them, (instead putting "sf#2000", etc, in the bug name). I think what I
> will now do instead is to import bugzilla #21 to #1015 with their original
> IDs, #1-#20 without IDs (tag them bz#1, etc). The SF bugs will then get
> renumbered to roughly 1036 up. We could even skip over bugs 2000-2044 if we
> ever get that far, to avoid colliding with sourceforge bug numbers.
> As an example, FreeBasic development is now split across sourceforge and
> github, and they have two active bugtrackers. They simply refer to all bugs
> with a prefix, like sf#803, gh#102

I will avoid making any more bugs until you have imported, so as to avoid
interfering with the important.

Also, as soon as the SF bugs are in github, I will add a comment with a
link to each remaining sf bug pointing to the equivalent gh bug.

I will also fix hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrrpgce/buglist.php to redirect to gh
instead.