[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10244 Mouse support in the Items menu.

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu Mar 29 08:01:39 PDT 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
wrote:

> All this additional mouse support is very nice!
>
> But in the Items menu it seems very unnatural that you have to click twice
> to select Done/Drop/Autosort or to swap an item to a new location. Double
> clicking is only necessary to select an item (use or start swapping); the
> extra click shouldn't be necessary for disambiguation in other cases.

Excellent point. I can fix those things. :)

> Also, after you double click on an item to select it, right clicking
> should probably deselect it, just as Esc does.

That is also a great idea.

> Actually, unlike the other menus, right click doesn't exit the Items menu.
> I was initially concerned about right clicking anywhere closing menus,
> unlike how menus behave in Custom, but I guess it's not that important to
> be able to select menu items by right clicking. I see from your work on
> Items that menus which require selecting - Items, Shops, Equip - can easily
> be made to work with left click only (which is necessary on touch devices
> anyway)

Yes, I really like right-click to close on non-scrolling menus, and
non-modal menus that don't take up the whole screen, but on something that
scrolls like save slots or items, I think right drag to scroll is
important, especially for touch, since that will be a two-finger-drag to
scroll.

> Oh, picksave/load is another menu where right click doesn't close.
> (Also, I was interested to see the scrolling by right-dragging in action,
> but it seems to be pretty broken)

Yeah, I don't have it quite right yet, and I might not be able to get it
right until I sliceify the save slot picker.

I plan to add the same right-drag scrolling to the items menu, and
hopefully that will work better, since it is already slices.