[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10198 Add "pathfind hero to" command

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:58:42 PDT 2018

The mouse not working everywhere can be frustrating, but the decision of
whether to enable partial mouse controls can be left up to users. For some
games it's no problem at all.
Plus that way when mouse support is finally finished, there will be more
games with mouse controls already enabled - for that reason I think hiding
the option for Mouse controls in menus would be counterproductive.

(Unfortunately, my idea of autodetecting when a game doesn't use mouse
script commands and enabling mouse controls may not work for map mouse
movement, because of the differences between hero pathfinding and simple
keyboard controls. Still, a half-hidden option to manually toggle it on
will be useful)

On 27 March 2018 at 13:43, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I had originally planned to wait until "mouse control of menus" was
> finished and supporting all the built-in special screens, but I actually do
> like the idea of marking just that option as experimental/unfinished but
> making the others available.
>

> On Monday, March 26, 2018, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This (this whole series of changes) is great! As far as I can see, you've
>> finished off everything needed for pathfinding support to be considered
>> complete!
>> It's just that the option to enable mouse-based movement is still hidden.
>> Is there any reason not to expose that option now? Mouse-based control of
>> menus and battles is of course still mostly unfinished, but we could just
>> mark "Mouse control of menus" as unfinished/experimental (or even hide it,
>> except it in a version of the Mouse Options menu accessed from the SPAM
>> menu).
>>
>> On 27 March 2018 at 11:15, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2018-03-26 15:15:29 -0700 (Mon, 26 Mar 2018)