[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/10193 Add a .by_user member to the HeroPathing object and use it to distinguis

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:06:27 PDT 2018

I'm a bit concerned by:

+   IF rank = 0 ANDALSO gam.hero_pathing(rank).by_user THEN
+    'Only the leader activates NPCs, and only when doing built-in user
pathing

Other commands for scripted hero movement don't have any affect on
touch-NPC activation. And I assume pathing a touch-activated NPC past the
hero doesn't prevent its activation either. Why should hero pathfinding be
exceptional? If people don't want touch activation to occur, they could
explicitly suspend that activation instead*.
And anyway, you only disabled the touch-NPC-activation check in
update_hero_pathfinding, but didn't disable the check in the NPC movement
code.

* In fact, there is no command to suspend NPC activation, except for
"suspend obstruction" and "set npc usable"! The lack of a "suspend npc
activation" command is a pretty huge oversight.