[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/10534 Recording of combined editor+player .gifs

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 07:30:05 PDT 2018

I might have gone down the garden path in implementing this... It will be
useful for creating demonstration gifs of Test Game features, but maybe it
doesn't have much use for users.

Anyway, if you try this out you will notice lots of flickering in the
in-game image, as Custom reads the image file while it's being written,
especially when the framerate is high. I've managed to fix that with file
locking (which I had previous implemented), but I need to clean up the
changes before committing.

Also, this now makes it very easy to show the in-game screen as an
overlay/floating window in Custom with just a few lines of code, if you can
think of any use for that. (Probably not - at least, not if your WM lets
you pin a window above all others)