[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/9727 Remove line slices from the editor again. Still available in priviledged

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:10:45 PST 2017

We were discussing line slices and negative slice sizes here:
https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=128795#128795
And in a mailing list thread "Plan for LineSlice".

While I'm fairly comfortable with how line slices work, there's still the
possibility to change them completely. I tried some experiments with
alternatives, like drawing to x+w-1,y+h-1, but found that giving zero or
negative width/height different behaviour leads to a nasty glitch as you
gradually change the size of the line slice.
E.g. imagine that you want to create a dial. What you really want is direct
access to drawline(), no crazy schemes for "encoding" and "decoding" the
drawline parameters into slice attributes needed.
But there are still other possibilities, such as discussed before, like
making line slices have width/height 0, and draw a line from their anchor
point to their x,y position. In other words, making their position instead
of their size be the drawline offset.

And anyway, I was being far too hasty in exposing this before we attempt to
deal with negative slice sizes.
Notice I also implemented a 'flipped' option which causes it to drawn
between the opposite corners, but left it commented out.

Also, I started implementing line slice commands,
https://bitbucket.org/rbv/ohrrpgce/branch/lineslice