[Ohrrpgce] Overlay in screenshots when using autotest.py -p

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed May 31 21:08:44 PDT 2017

On 1 June 2017 at 15:05, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 June 2017 at 08:08, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>
>> I was testing using autotest.py with the -p command line option to replay
>> a .ohrkey file
>>
>> I noticed that the recording info overlay gets included in the checkpoint
>> screenshot about once every 24 frames... but I am guessing that this is
>> based on some timer, and not actually counting frames, because between the
>> two passes of autotest.py the frame numbers where the overlay appears vary
>> slightly, causing the autotest to fail.
>>

> Ah, this is because of frame-skipping. The overlays aren't drawn when a
> frame is skipped, to save time.
> The --recordoverlays option, which controls whether overlays appear on
> screenshots, doesn't apply to --autosnap and the "_checkpoint" command,
> because those aren't handled in allmodex, so they save the previous frame.
> I think the easiest option is to just add a new --hideoverlays option,
> which I'm doing now.

Hmm, it's not an ideal solution for autotest.py:
-Originally there was no replay overlay
-The overlay was added a bit over a year ago (r7731)
-Some months ago (r8353 I think) frame skipping was added
---hideoverlays only exists as of today
But I guess it's not worth worrying about. I can at least make autotest.py
not pass the flag to older copies of game