[Ohrrpgce] Overlay in screenshots when using autotest.py -p

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Wed May 31 20:05:11 PDT 2017

On 1 June 2017 at 08:08, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I was testing using autotest.py with the -p command line option to replay
> a .ohrkey file
>
> I noticed that the recording info overlay gets included in the checkpoint
> screenshot about once every 24 frames... but I am guessing that this is
> based on some timer, and not actually counting frames, because between the
> two passes of autotest.py the frame numbers where the overlay appears vary
> slightly, causing the autotest to fail.

Ah, this is because of frame-skipping. The overlays aren't drawn when a
frame is skipped, to save time.
The --recordoverlays option, which controls whether overlays appear on
screenshots, doesn't apply to --autosnap and the "_checkpoint" command,
because those aren't handled in allmodex, so they save the previous frame.
I think the easiest option is to just add a new --hideoverlays option,
which I'm doing now.