[Ohrrpgce] Old OHR source zips

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Fri May 19 08:13:47 PDT 2017

Ah, that's rather neat! I actually read zz_486.bat last week when looking
at the source from 2000 and I noticed givefile. I figured it was a network
transfer program, and with a name like that guessed it was a custom program
or batch file. And then you answer my question a few days later :)

On 20 May 2017 at 02:20, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> Opps!
> I had those files uploaded chmod 600 instead of 644
> I have fixed them, and normalized their names
> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-source-2001-06-07.zip
> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-source-2002-07-10.zip
> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-source-2003-11-29.zip
> Looking on those is a blast to the past. In the 2001 zip, I can see a
> batch file called zz_486.bat
> It calls a program called "givefile"
> If I remember correctly, My computer, and my cousin Brian's computer were
> sitting side-by-side connected by a single ethernet cable with no
> hub/switch.
> His was a Pentium running Windows 95, and mine was a 486 running DOS, and
> Windows 3.1
> Our attempts to get Windows networking file sharing to work repeatedly
> ended in frustration, but we knew that IPX networking was working fine
> because we could play multiplayer DOOM and Hexen, so Brian dug into some
> IPX documentation, and wrote givefile.exe and getfile.exe (I think they
> were in asm, not quickbasic, but I am not sure) They would do a crude file
> transfer
> So that zz_486.bat was my first network backup script for the ohrrpgce.
> On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> James, you mentioned that you found some more backup copies of the OHR
>> source code and uploaded them to http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohr
>> rpgce/archive/. (For some reason I can't find the email about it, maybe
>> it was on IRC). Half a year later I'm finally getting around to downloading
>> them and splicing them into the git-svn history. I see three new files in
>> that directory:
>> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/ohrrpgce-src-2003-11-29.zip
>> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/wander-src_2001_06_07.zip
>> http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/archive/wander-src_2002-07-10.zip
>> But I can't download any of them, they all give a 403 error!
>> (Also, these are inconsistently named with the other
>> ohrrpgce-source-*.zip files)
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ohrrpgce mailing list
>> ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org
>> http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org
> _______________________________________________
> Ohrrpgce mailing list
> ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org
> http://lists.motherhamster.org/listinfo.cgi/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.motherhamster.org/pipermail/ohrrpgce-motherhamster.org/attachments/20170520/fc5a1d18/attachment.htm>

More information about the Ohrrpgce mailing list