[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8566 Add two new NPC movement types, "Chase You (Direct)" and "Avoid You (Dir

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Mar 21 10:44:01 PDT 2017

Here is some thinking-out-loud:

What if there was an NPC option to change the target of Chase/Avoid ?

Possible values:

* leader (current default)
* hero slot 1,2,3
* last hero in caterpillar
* other NPC

What would be the best way to implement NPC following?

The easiest way would be to add a couple values to the NPC definition, one
for NPC ID, and another for copy count. That would also leave open the
option later on to add a convenient target-picker in the map editor in NPC
placement mode... but all copies of an NPC ID would all need to have the
same target.

Perhaps a better option would be to make Chase/Avoid target an NPC instance
property. That would require me to create a convenient target-picker in the
map editor right now... but then I will need to implement npcloc-#.reld map
lumps before I can implement it.... so not really any downside, just more
upfront work I need to do to make it happen this way.