[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8528 node_hsint.js commandline Javascript HamsterSpeak interpreter!

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 13:21:59 PDT 2017

On 13 March 2017 at 07:20, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2017-03-12 11:20:07 -0700 (Sun, 12 Mar 2017)
> 515
> node_hsint.js commandline Javascript HamsterSpeak interpreter!
>
> This is an implementation of most of the commands in hamsterspeak.hsd
> and wrapper around zzo38's 'hspeakrt' HamsterSpeak interpreter.
> Pass it a .hs file, and it'll run the 'main' script.
>
> Also added a few more testcases to hstests.hss. And a couple other trivial
> changes.
>
> Note: I sent zzo38 several fixes; this won't run without them.
> (Even with them, hspeakrt still doesn't handle recursive subscripts
> correctly,
> but passes the rest of hstests.hss!)
> ---
> U   wip/hamsterspeak.hsd
> A   wip/node_hsint.js
> U   wip/scriptcommands.bas
> U   wip/testgame/hstests.hss

zzo38 uploaded a completely fixed version of hspeakrt, 2.0.0.

I was considering the possibility of writing a HS bytecode to JS translator
for any eventual JS/wasm port of the OHR... so it's very nice that zzo38
has already done it for us!

I learnt most of what I know about javascript while writing this, and am
actually really enjoying it. Expect me to start borrowing ideas from JS
instead of python :)