[Ohrrpgce] move minimum android to 2.3 ?

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Wed Mar 8 10:53:55 PST 2017

tmc, I noticed in the Compiling for Android wiki page, you mention the
ndk-r12b branch. which raises the miminum supported version of Android to
2.3

I was playing around with Android Studio today, and I saw that when
creating a new project, and choosing what version to target, they give you
a handy estimate of what percentage of all devices would be compatible.

Tutorials I looked at mostly seemed to suggest API 15 for a minimum Android
version of 4.03 since that provides a lot of features, and supports 97.4%
of all android devices.

I then when to check out older versions. API 9 for a minimum version of 2.3
claims 100% device support.

So either they have just chosen to stop acknowledging the existence of
versions 2.2 and older, or those older versions actually do represent <
0.1% of Android devices out there.

Should we bump our minimum up to android 2.3?