[Ohrrpgce] Broken fades on Mac builds

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 18:29:22 PST 2017

So the numerical values of the uilook colours are still correct in the
menu, but they display as various other colours? Assumably not all dark
blue, otherwise everything in Custom would be dark blue. Then uilook()
isn't being corrupted; it's some problem while drawing or in the graphics
backend. Which makes it really weird that it affects just things drawn with
UI colours (including both text and rectangles) but not sprites.

The write_mask argument isn't actually used anywhere in r8279, and masks
aren't used anywhere except frame_dissolve anyway, so it's really
surprising that that revision is to blame.
I would guess that this is just exposing some existing hidden problem, such
as something being miscompiled or C/FB header files not matching up; that
might explain why it only happens on OSX.

I don't think I can do much about this until I try debugging it on a Mac,
next week.