[Ohrrpgce] SVN: teeemcee/8818 Move import/export_textboxes and NPC editor out of customsubs.rbas

James Paige Bob at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Jun 6 09:49:53 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 7:51 AM, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> teeemcee
> 2017-06-06 07:51:29 -0700 (Tue, 06 Jun 2017)
> 276
> Move import/export_textboxes and NPC editor out of customsubs.rbas
>
> (I said some months ago that I'd moved the NPC editor to mapsubs.bas, but
> that
> was just the top-level menu, I think I overlooked the rest of it.)
> Who put all this stuff in customsubs.rbas in the first place??

*Raises his hand guiltily*

I don't know about those specific subs, but I remember that right back when
we first created customsubs.bas, I had this crazy idea that ALL of custom
was going to be moved in there, until the only custom-specific source files
that remained would be a minimal stripped-down custom.bas and a colossal
monolithic customsubs.bas

I eventually realized that my one and only reason for wanting something so
silly was nostalgia for the old-old-old days when all of custom briefly fit
into just custom.bas, back before QB compiler memory limits forced me to
split off blandly named additional source files.