[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/9101 highest allowable global id number increased from 16383 to 50000

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:43:54 PDT 2017

Oh, well in that case autonumbered globals would fix that problem!

Yes, just ${varname} will work. I plan to make hspeak warn you if you name
any globals or locals something like h4 that conflict with builtin codes,
so it's no problem that they share a namespace.

On 31 July 2017 at 05:35, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> I upped the limit because Pepsi Ranger dropped by IRC to tell me he had
> consumed another 1000 globals overnight, and asked when arrays might be
> ready :)
>
> But I am sure I'll find some fun uses for them too :)
>
> Autonumber globals will be great. We might also want a by-name variant of
> the ${V#} codes.
>

> On Sunday, July 30, 2017, Ralph Versteegen <teeemcee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Using some rather large arrays, I take it?
>> ...This may be useful for fitting large BSP trees in memory...
>>
>> I definitely want to add unnumbered globals (actually autonumbered to
>> support read/writeglobal, I guess).
>>
>> On 29 July 2017 at 09:38, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>>
>>> james
>>> 2017-07-28 14:38:27 -0700 (Fri, 28 Jul 2017)