[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/8983 When pathing to an NPC, the destination indicator moves smoothly with th

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 08:35:16 PDT 2017

On 8 July 2017 at 11:13, <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:

> james
> 2017-07-07 16:13:27 -0700 (Fri, 07 Jul 2017)
> 78
> When pathing to an NPC, the destination indicator moves smoothly with the
> NPC
> ---
> U   wip/game.bas

I see that here you offset the indicator by the footoffset, but only when
pathing to an NPC.
The footoffset also ought to be used when pathing to a tile, and also to
determine which tile you clicked on. If you set the footoffset to something
really large you'll see that not including it isn't right.

Also, maybe a shadow-shaped ellipse at the bottom of the tile would be
another good alternative?

Semi-relatedly, I've just realised something rather amusing: if you enable
mouse controls, the player can cheat any maze by simply clicking on the
exit, and the engine will path there! Also, it was amusing to discover that
if there's a gap anywhere in your wallmap and you click out-of-bounds, the
engine will happily path you around the map and through the wallmap bug. I
think we should probably put a fairly small (and per-map customisable?)
limit on the max hero path length to avoid both problems. (For example then
you can set it low on maze maps and high if testing your own game for
wallmap bugs)